Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Touring Copenhagen

Today was very adventurous! Well first i will introduce you to the family im staying with. Their names are Iver and Ute Iversen, and they have 3 daughters Eva Marie, Martina, and Michala. I'm not sure how long i will be staying with them, at least through new years, My address here is:
Iversens
Bakkevej 12
3460 Birkeroed
DK
Ok so back to my day, Martina and Mickey(twins) drove me into Copenhagen today and showed me several "tourist attractions". These included The Little Mermaid Statue by the ocean in Oesterport, The Round Tower, Amalienborg, The King's Garden, and Stroeget(huge shopping area). We also drove through Hilleroed, a suburb of Copenhagen, where they have a gorgeous castle surrounded by water called Frederiksborg Slot.
Tomorrow, the 24th, is when they celebrate Christmas here. I am going to be joining the Iversens in their xmas festivities. We are decorating the Christmas tree in the morning. I will get to experience a traditional Danish Christmas dinner! I think we are having Duck. I am very excited to see how other cultures celebrate the holidays but i am really going to miss home!!
An anchor in memory of sailors killed in WWII


The Little Mermaid Statue
Frederiksborg Slot

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! We will certainly miss you too! I am very thankful you were able to join us for Thanksgiving.
    I am glad you are getting to see the sights of Copenhagen. Be sure to take lots of pictures. I will share this blog with Grandma Elva and Grandpa Clifford when I can get them in the office to see it!
    Enjoy your Christmas in Denmark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Sis! Hope you have a wonderful day & know that we are thinking about you and miss having you here too!
    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you. Miss you here this holiday season, but know that you will be home before we know it. Hope you have a wonderful day. Love you, Mom, Dad & Tyler

    ReplyDelete