Sunday, December 21, 2008

First Week in Denmark

HI Everyone!

I thought i would start a blog so you can all stay updated on my adventures in Denmark! I have been here for a week as of yesterday. The first week went by sooo fast!! I got in Saturday afternoon, and was invited to the team xmas party sat. night at a local pub called LA Bar. It was a great way to meet everyone because they were all well tuned by the time i got there and very welcoming:) I am staying with the Iversen family in a town called Birkeroed which is north of Copenhagen and close to Holte where we are training. Monday morning i had to go fill out a bunch of paperwork to be able to live here and play. Then Katherine(the other American player on the team) showed me around downtown Copenhagen. I had my first practice Monday 12/15 and it went pretty good, legs where still recovering from the flight! Tuesday i played and started in my first game, which was a semi-final cup game against a team called Brondby and we won in 4 which put us in the Cup Final on January 25th. We have every wednesday off which is really nice. We practiced thursday and friday and are now off until the 29th for the holidays. I am hoping to be able to do some exploring and maybe go to Tivoli which is an amusement park in Copenhagen. I think you would all be shocked at how open-minded i have been since i got here. I am trying LOTS of new food! I have had deer and bunny meat, and i am eating peppers and onions on things. Well thats all for now, hope you are all staying as warm as possible!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have a blog set up! Look forward to reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete